Never Waste: A National Campaign to Build Awareness
Never Waste is a national campaign from the Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) that aims to raise awareness about the amount of water we waste in our daily lives and encourage consumers to take action to reduce water waste.
The campaign quantifies the amount of water wasted by comparing it to an everyday object – a water bottle – and encourages consumers to take simple steps to eliminate their water waste. Water supplies in the United States are increasingly under pressure from a growing population, with more than 36 states facing shortages this year.
According to the EPA, the amount of water leaked from U.S. homes due to running toilets, dripping faucets, and other household leaks could exceed more than one trillion gallons per year, or enough water to sustain Los Angeles, Chicago, and Miami.
Join the Blue Revolution
Everyone who uses water is encouraged to join this national effort to ensure sustainable water supplies and create a stronger water ethic in North America. By using less water each day, we can make a measurable impact and help protect water for future generations.
For all water users, the campaign can:
- Help you learn about water waste and how to make small changes with big impact
- Calculate your own water use at home and receive a personalized water efficiency plan
- Provide you with information and resources to help educate friends and family
For AWE members, the campaign can:
- Help you encourage your customers, employees and partners to conserve water with engaging content and user-friendly resources
- Provide a platform to engage local stakeholder groups, community and business leaders and policymakers around the need to conserve water
- Help you execute an education effort that is customizable and can be tailored to what’s happening in your local community.
- Allow you to join a national effort that aims to shift the way we think about water.
As a member-only benefit, AWE provides various resources to help you use the Never Waste campaign. Components available to you include:
- Mail-able postcards to distribute to your stakeholders, as an art file for printing or pre-printed for a small additional cost
- Free media images for use as print ads, web banners, bill stuffers, flyers and more – and which are customizable with your logo;
- Options sheet for ordering a graphically-designed stainless steel reusable water bottle, with option for customization, for a supplemental fee; and
- A Toolkit with resources for getting the word out, sample social media content, templates for community outreach and more.