Landscape Transformation Market Readiness Assessment RFP
The Alliance for Water Efficiency is seeking proposals from well-qualified firms or individuals (consultants) to conduct a Market Readiness Assessment as a component of our Landscape Transformation study. Click here to download the RFP.
The Assessment will evaluate:
- the willingness and ability of water provider customers to implement landscape transformations, which should include both decision makers within the customer’s organizations and the professionals responsible for implementation and management of the new landscapes,
- what factors are important to them in making these decisions, and
- what factors facilitate or delay the market’s transformation to water-efficient landscapes across market stakeholders.
This Market Readiness Assessment is a component of a larger research project focused on quantifying the water savings of “large” landscape transformation and irrigation optimization programs (i.e., not single-family residential landscapes) and evaluating program structures and features. The property/customer types may include commercial, industrial, institutional, multi-family common space, HOA common space, and municipal/government properties. This research will focus on both landscape transformations, which are often referred to as “cash for grass” or xeriscaping programs, and irrigation optimization strategies such as irrigation audits, landscape water budgets, technology or equipment incentives/rebates, report services, repair/upgrade services, and more.
This research is especially timely and important because many utilities are considering or actively investing in large-scale landscape transformation programs. States have allocated additional funding for turf replacement programs, 30 cities in the Colorado River Basin signed an MOU to reduce non-essential turfgrass by 30%, and some have banned irrigation of non-essential turf.
Proposal Schedule and Deadline
- RFP Issuance: November 13, 2023
- Opportunity to Submit Questions & Clarifications: November 28, 2023
- Responses to Questions Posted: December 1, 2023
- Proposal Due Date: December 19, 2023
- Anticipated Notice of Award: January 10, 2024
- Contract Negotiation and Execution: January 31, 2024
- Project Launch: February 1, 2024
Proposal packages should be submitted as a single PDF file via email to Jeffrey Hughes of the Alliance for Water Efficiency. You will receive an email back confirming receipt.
If you have questions about this Request for Proposal, please contact Amanda Christophe.