All of the Above: Local and National Water Affordability Strategies
Utility affordability challenges are affecting more households as the cost to provide water services increases due to regulations, aging infrastructure, changes in population and economies, and addressing climate resiliency. Water rates are rising faster than inflation and all other utility costs, and in many areas, bills are rising at a faster rate than incomes. Helping households reduce their water use is one of multiple effective affordability strategies.
Join this webinar for both a local and national lens on water affordability issues and the range of possible solutions, with a facilitated panel conversation. You’ll hear about AWE’s latest report assessing affordability and the impacts of water conservation in the City of Houston, plus hear from the authors of an April 2023 report demonstrating the need for a permanent Federal Low-Income Household Water Assistance Program.
To access the Houston Report of the Assesment of Water Affordability, click here
- Liesel Hans, Director of Programs, Alliance for Water Efficiency
- Lacie Ulrich, Event Planning & Outreach Lead, Houston Water
- Karly Stelzer, Program Development Lead, Houston Water
- Stacey Isaac Berahzer, CEO, IB Environmental
- Janet Clements, President and Founder, One Water Econ