AWE Seeks Applicants for Project Coordinator
Recruitment has Closed. Thank you for your interest.
The Alliance for Water Efficiency (AWE) seeks candidates for a Project Coordinator reporting to the Director of Programs. AWE is launching several exciting research projects that will help advance water efficiency and conservation knowledge and deliver valuable industry resources. These research projects depend on successful coordination among many participants, organization of information, data, and materials, careful nurturing of stakeholder relationships, strong communication, and adherence to timelines and budgets. A successful candidate is an effective problem solver, enjoys planning, balances near-term tasks with long-term progress, is highly organized and detail-oriented, and has a passion for bringing people and ideas together.
The Project Coordinator’s responsibilities are to:
- Track and document projects to assess progress and keep project partners on track toward established goals and deadlines.
- Coordinate, schedule, and manage project meetings for large multi-agency and multi-stakeholder research projects.
- Proactively track and manage project budgets, including consultants and internal staff resources.
- Support content development process, collecting and assembling content from multiple contributing staff, reviewing for completeness, accuracy, and gaps.
- Gather information and data through primary and secondary data analysis, literature reviews, and from other researchers, practitioners, and organizations.
- Document results of work performed, including synthesizing large amounts of complex information and preparing final reports and other written products.
- Conduct administrative tasks such as taking meeting minutes, sending summary notes, managing contracts, agreements, and payments, and coordinating various processes.
- Address project stakeholder input to assure timely and effective issue resolution.
- Support team efforts to explore and acquire additional funding for research and programs.
- Support program department efforts, including committee coordination, G480 certification program, trainings, technical assistance, online resource library maintenance, and grant applications.
This position is funded for approximately two years. The position may be extended depending on performance and the availability of ongoing funding.
We encourage you to think broadly about how your experiences and skills can transfer to this role. AWE is a team of passionate individuals who value collaboration, inclusion, and results-driven work. We are committed to building a diverse team and strongly encourage candidates from all backgrounds to apply. We encourage you to apply even if you do not meet all the qualifications described below.
Desired Experiences, Skills, and Abilities
- Two or more years of relevant experience beyond educational experiences.
- Experience in water utilities, local government, sustainability, or other experiences related to the water efficiency and conservation field. Direct experience working for or with water utilities is highly desired.
- Experience managing projects, especially in instances that significantly relied on the contributions of others for delivery and completion.
The ideal candidate:
- Follows up, takes initiative, suggests solutions, and displays accountability and ownership of project responsibilities.
- Is organized and manages time well across multiple projects and tasks simultaneously. Effectively prioritizes day-to-day activities to achieve deliverables within long-term timelines.
- Proactively identifies issues, brainstorms and analyzes possible approaches, and implements an effective solution through a collaborative process. Uses logic, critical thinking, and reasoning to identify and evaluate strengths and weaknesses of alternative solutions, conclusions, or approaches to problems. Adapts as new information is discovered or other changes are required.
- Effectively communicates with strong listening and comprehension skills, effective written and verbal communication skills, and ability to build positive and effective relationships.
- Actively learns through work with a spirit of curiosity; holds themselves and their work to high standards and is committed to personal and professional growth. Has an interest and willingness to learn, work on new projects and develop new skill sets.
- Is comfortable with scientific research, data analysis, and GIS.
- Is confident with professional tools like Microsoft Office, Teams, and Adobe Acrobat Pro.
Salary & Benefits
This is an exempt salaried position with a range of $55,000-$60,000 plus a benefits package including employee-paid medical and dental; 401(k) retirement; and vacation, sick, and holiday pay.
Chicago, IL (Hybrid) or Remote
The successful candidate will have the option of working a hybrid schedule at AWE’s headquarters in Chicago, IL, or working fully remotely from another North American-based location. To qualify, applicants must be legally authorized to work in the United States and should not require, now or in the future, sponsorship for employment visa status.
How to Apply
Recruitment has Closed
About Alliance for Water Efficiency
AWE is a stakeholder-based nonprofit organization dedicated to the efficient and sustainable use of water. Headquartered in Chicago, AWE serves as a North American advocate for water-efficient products and programs and provides information and assistance on water conservation efforts. Learn more about our mission.
AWE is proud to be an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity employer, and we welcome applications from those who contribute to our diversity. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, mental or physical disability, age, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, familial status, veteran status, or genetic information. AWE is committed to providing access, equal opportunity, and reasonable accommodation for all individuals in employment practices, services, programs, and activities. The requirements listed in our job descriptions are guidelines, not hard and fast rules. If you have 75% or more of the qualifications listed, we encourage you to apply. Applying gives you the opportunity to be considered. AWE is especially excited about increasing applications from people committed to promoting diversity, equity, and inclusion, including people with disabilities, Black, Indigenous, People of Color, and LGBTQ+ persons.